My first accident of the new year came at the hands of a ninja. That's right, a ninja! I was looking for a banana on the kitchen counter and out of nowhere I felt like I got bit. I jerked my hand back and looked down and my middle finger was bleeding.
I had this puzzled look on my face and Debbie asked what happened. I said, "Something bit me!!". Of course her first reaction was to laugh. We both went to look and after moving the clutter on the kitchen counter from all of the holiday cooking we lifted up the dish towel that was concealing the culprit. There it stood, one of the most dangerous of all kitchen appliances, the blades of a Ninja (you know the blender/food processor). Ouch!!
Meanwhile, after several paper towels and three bandaids later I finally got the bleeding to stop. Lesson learned is don't leave your Ninja naked.